Windows 95 vs. John Glenn|
(Got RAM, John Glenn.)
I am such a geek. I heard that John Glenn's (then) upcoming shuttle flight was mission STS-95, and the first thing to pop into my mind was "Windows 95" - although if you think about it, there's quite a bit of a similarity in the two!!
- Both STS-95 and Win95 explore new, exciting ways of making complicated systems from recycled parts.
- They are both being hyped all to hell to benefit their manufacturers, regardless of the truth of their capabilities.
- Both STS-95 and Win95 are built around ancient technology being promoted as a glimpse into the future.
- The minor glitches have gotten lots of press, in order to draw attention away from the basic major flaws.
- Neither is capable of being launched at the announced time.
- Both use up a tremendous amount of resources that could be better used elsewhere.
- They both have a one in 25 chance of exploding when launched.
- The STS-95 crew wears diapers under their space suits. Win95 constantly craps on itself.
- The key to success or disaster for both hinges upon the proper and judicious use of the Start button.
- A faulty window in STS-95 would suck the crew into outer space. A General Protection Fault in Windows 95 might suck the user into spacing out.
I really need a life, don't I? :)
Return To Humor Index
Hits since Feb. 24, 1999